Tibetan Market Manali Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Tibetan Market Manali Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 54 reviews
Tibetan Market Manali Address: Siyal, Manali, Himachal Pradesh, 175131, India
Manali Tour Packages
Tibetan Market Manali Timings
|Monday||10:00 am – 7:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am – 7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am – 7:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am – 7:00 pm|
|Friday||10:00 am – 7:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am – 7:00 pm|
|Sunday||10:00 am – 7:00 pm|
One of the most-admired hill stations in India, Manali is situated on the River Beas. It offers exotic scenes of mountains, waterfalls, valleys, and natural landscapes. Beyond its natural charm, you will also fall in love with its rich history, art, heritage, and culture.
The spectacular wonders of Manali are home to equally popular places for shopping. One such hub is the Tibetan Market in Siyal where you can explore the finest deals on the outstanding local stuff. You can buy some astounding things for gifting purposes, and also pick souvenirs as a memory from your Manali trip.
The Tibetan Market in Manali is a well-known tourist destination and is a favorite spot for shopping. It is renowned for Tibetan handicrafts, exquisite items, and souvenirs. These are mostly handmade by the Tibetan residents and immigrants inhabiting the region. Tibetan Market in Manali is also noted for its peaceful ambiance and magnificent depiction of Tibetan culture.
Situated away from the busy Mall Road, the Tibetan market is full of charming little shops, located on either side of its narrow streets. You can wander through its by lanes and come across old music CDs, home décor items, kitchenware, prayer wheels, intriguing singing bowls, Tibetan-style incense sticks, bamboo souvenirs, silver jewelry, key chains, nameplates, Thangkas (Buddhist paintings on cloth), hand-woven carpets, intricately designed rugs, shawls, and similar woolen apparels.
Tibetan Market attracts hordes of shoppers, both locals and tourists. From history lovers to young students and couples, you can witness a wide range of visitors flocking to this vibrant place. The narrow streets of Tibetan Market provide an uncanny thrill that you cannot miss.
When you are in Manali you must ensure that you visit the Tibetan market and indulge in its delightful old-world charm. You will appreciate the amazing platter of goods being sold in the market. You can also spend some quality time with your friends, family, or partner, roaming in this colorful market and finding your desired item from the pile of things sold. There are several eateries and food stalls where you can eat delicious local food and snacks. Besides, you can decently bargain with the vendors to get the best deal on your stuff and cherish your market haul.
Things to do at Tibetan Market
As the name suggests, the Tibetan market offers you a wide range of Tibetan products to choose from and purchase. You can purchase diverse items reflecting the authentic Tibetan culture and heritage. There are more than 52 listed places in this vivacious market located near the Naina Devi Temple.
- Buy remarkable Tibetan ethnic and local handicrafts as souvenirs from your Manali trip.
- Purchase shawls, rugs, carpets, and other locally manufactured woolen products with elegant styles and designs. Cardigans, sweaters, scarves, mufflers, stoles, and gloves are a must-buy from the Tibetan Market in Manali.
- High-quality leather bags, belts, wallets, boots, and shoes can also be purchased.
- Do not forget to pick the iconic Tibetan-style incense sticks and intricately carved wooden furniture.
- Look out for authentic Tibetan silver jewelry, bamboo artifacts, home décor items, prayer wheels, singing bowls, wooden products, and many more items.
- Tibetan-styled Dorjes, or weapon-like structures, used as ritual objects are also available if you are a follower.
- Himalayan herbs, including the precious Kesar or Saffron, are easily available in the region. However, some of it may not be authentic due to high demand. You should get only good quality products from the local stores and may even bargain before settling on a price.
- Popular Himalayan handicrafts like Mohras ornaments, pottery, and household items can also be obtained from the Manali Tibetan Market.
- You can also find some cafés and roadside eateries to fill your hungry stomach after a long and exhausting shopping tour. Relish the authentic and delicious Tibetan food and snacks. Sip on your favorite drink or grab a local meal. You will love the corn cobs swathed in butter or a glass of lime soda.
- Taste the freshly prepared authentic pickles. You can buy some as gifts for loved ones as these are prepared using authentic age-old recipes.
Places to visit near Tibetan Market
There are several well-known sightseeing places around the Tibetan Market in Manali. You can even visit them to have some fun and soothing experiences. They are as follows:
1. Hadimba Devi Temple: Offer your prayers in the historic wooden temple in a cedar forest, called the Hadimba Devi Temple or Dhungri Temple. It is an ancient cave temple built in 1553 by Maharaja Bahadur Singh over a huge rock jutting out of the ground. The unique shrine is a revered temple dedicated to the unacknowledged character of Mahabharata, Hadimba Devi, mother of Ghatotkoch and wife of Bhima.
2. Nyingmapa Buddhist Temple: Be amazed by the Pagoda architectural style of the Nyingmapa Buddhist Temple. Its soothing silence is mesmerizing and calms your frazzled nerves. It is one of the most famous monasteries in Northern India. The most prominent feature is the huge statue of Sakyamuni in a meditative pose. You can observe how Buddhist monks go about their prayer services and daily activities at this temple.
3. Museum of Himachal Culture and Folk Art: Drop by the Museum of Himachal Culture and Folk Art to witness an extraordinary collection of rare and unknown antiques of the state. Established in 1998, it is an amazing exhibition of the rich and ancient heritage and tradition of the region. You will come across traditional textiles, jewelry, furniture, wood carvings, dance masks, religious relics, and indigenous musical instruments. It is a great step towards awareness and preservation of the state’s heritage.
4. Van Vihar National Park: You can stroll while listening to the sweet gurgling sound of the Beas River around the Van Vihar National Park. Surrounded by lush Cedar trees, it has a serene environment to unwind in the lap of nature. The Zoo houses a variety of animals, birds, and reptiles. It is being applauded for the conservation efforts being put in by the local administration.
5. Jogini Falls: Perfect spot for couples, Jogini Falls is a picturesque waterfall cascading from a great height of 160 feet. It is a popular tourist and trekking place with a romantic ambiance. The place is full of exciting activities for nature and adventure lovers. It is surrounded by pine trees and orchards, several streams and snow-covered Rohtang peaks. The astounding beauty of the waterfall is not to be missed.
6. Club House Craft Gallery: You can also visit the Club House Craft Gallery. Situated on the banks of the Manalsu Nallu, a tributary of the Beas River, Club House Craft Gallery is a perfect escape from the bustling tourist attractions of Manali. It is an adventure and amusement retreat. Everyone regardless of their age and interest can visit the spot and indulge in the several recreational activities offered. You can also taste the delectable local and international cuisine served at the eateries. It is also a great place to purchase beautiful handicrafts from the Government shops.
Entry Fee and Timings of Tibetan Market
There is no entry fee to visit the Tibetan market. The Tibetan market is open from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM on all days of the week.
How to reach Tibetan Market
To reach the Tibetan Market you have to first arrive at the beautiful hilly destination of Manali. You can find numerous accommodations within your budget and several tourist spots around the hill station. Once you settle down you can hire an auto or a private cab from top car rental companies in Manali to reach the Tibetan market. You can even get a bike on rent that you can drive with some help from locals about the route to Tibetan Market. You can also walk down to the market provided you are staying in Siyal.
By Air: You can reach Manali by air. The nearest airport is Bhuntar, located 50 kilometres away from Manali. It is accessible from major cities like Delhi and Chandigarh. From there you can take a pre-paid taxi to Manali.
By Road: Manali is well-connected by both state-run and private bus services from New Delhi, Leh, Shimla, Kullu, and Dharamshala. You can pre-book in the Volvo coaches for greater comfort. You can also drive to Manali. The journey allows you to enjoy the breath-taking views of the adjoining mountains and valleys with the twisted uphill roads.
Local Transport: You can then reach the Tibetan Market via Gompa Road near Mall Road. The area in which the market is located is Siyal. The local transport in Manali comprises auto and taxi services. They take you around the entire hill station and are frequently available. At Mall Road, you can find plenty of autos and cabs ready to take you to Tibetan Market.
You can hire a private or shared auto or simply book a cab. They are also available for sightseeing. You can make bookings with local transport services for a tour of Tibetan Market and the nearby areas. The local transport is available at affordable rates and may charge a premium according to your requirements. You can even count upon your hotel taxi or cab for a trip to Tibetan Market.
Interesting Facts about the Tibetan Market
You can explore the below-mentioned interesting pointers about the Tibetan Market in Manali:
- Tibetan Market is the ideal location for shoppers.
- Your search for genuine Tibetan items in Manali ends at Tibetan Market.
- Locals are warm, soft-spoken, and friendly.
- The local culture and customs are bound to rejuvenate and lighten your spirits.
- Handmade jams, squashes, and pickles made using traditional recipes and local produce are among the must-buys from the Tibetan Market.
- You can also purchase soft, colorful, and elaborately designed woolen garments, dresses, and accessories that are particular to the region.
- Eco-friendly items like straw and grass slippers are great buys from the Tibetan market.
- Scroll paintings of Buddha and other deities on cotton or silk applique cloths, known as Thangkas and Dorjes are unique to the Tibetan Market in Manali. They also have powerful positive spiritual symbols that can enliven your space.
Things to Keep in Mind while visiting Tibetan Market
While visiting the Tibetan Market you should keep the following points in mind. They will keep your marketing experience hassle-free.
- Since it is generally a crowded place you should be cautious about your personal belongings and kids.
- Avoid talking to strangers and counterfeiters selling low-quality goods along the roadside.
- You should not buy cheap quality products merely for striking the best deal.
- To avoid frauds, you can take a local person with you while shopping.
- Take care to not disturb the peaceful ambience of the Tibetan market.
- You should not litter and pollute the environment.
- Be prepared to walk a lot through the avenues in the marketplace and wear comfortable shoes.
- Summer is the best time to visit the market, but you must carry essentials like sunscreen, water bottles, and umbrellas.
Manali is a popular tourist destination in India and if you are planning a trip to this beautiful hill station, then book a Manali tour package with us. We at Manali Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, offer various all-inclusive tour packages that are designed keeping everyone’s budget and requirements in mind. You can also avail the best travel deals and discounts on our packages. So, what are you waiting for? Contact us now to know more!