Manalsu River Manali Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Manalsu River Manali Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 24 reviews
Manalsu River Manali Address: Manali, Himachal Pradesh, 175131, India
Manalsu river is a mountain river flowing through the quaint mountain town of Old Manali in Himachal Pradesh. Manalsu River offers tourists the charm of spending time amidst nature. There are few cafes around the river from which you can enjoy the surroundings from the comfort of a sofa along with a cup of coffee. You will have an excellent experience watching the breathtaking scenery around you.
Manali lures travelers with its angling and fishing experiences, historic residences, and delicious cuisine. The picturesque views around the Manalsu River are embellished with numerous unique ancient buildings constructed of wood and stone. You can also visit the ancient Manu Maharishi Temple, and learn about the mythology of Manu. Manalsu River is a must-see destination on your Manali trip. A lesser-known site, the Manalsu river is usually less congested, making it the perfect place to enjoy the tranquility of Manali.
Things to do at Manalsu River
Manalsu River offers a peaceful holiday experience. Some of the popular things to do at Manalsu River are:
- Enjoy stunning views of the natural splendor of Manali
- Walk along the banks of the river to spend time in the lap of nature
- Gorge on delectable local cuisine at the quirky cafés of Old Manali
- Indulge in thrilling adventure activities like river crossing under the supervision of an experienced and skilled instructor
- Spend time having fun with your family and friends away from the bustle of the city
- Try the exciting hike at Manalsu Waterfall from Old Manali. It is approximately 7 hours 30 minutes long and organized from May to November
Entry Fee and Timings of Manalsu River
There is no entry fee to visit Manalsu river and you can visit it any time of the day.
How to reach the Manalsu River?
You can get to the Manalsu river via roadways, railways, or airways by reaching Manali in the following ways:
By Air: You can travel to Manali by air through the Kullu-Manali Airport in Bhunter, which is approximately 50 km away from Manali. There are several flights via New Delhi and neighboring cities. You can hire a pre-paid taxi or book a cab to Manali from the airport.
By Road: You can travel by road to Manali using car or bus services. There are several private and state bus services available to the hill station. If you are traveling by car, then you can drive up to the Manalsu river yourself. But, if you are traveling to Manali by bus, then you have to hire an auto or taxi to reach the Manalsu River from the bus stand.
By Rail: There are no direct trains available for Manali but the nearest railway station is Joginder Nagar Railway Station.
Local Transport: Manali offers great local transport options. You can book a cab for sightseeing in Manali from top car rental companies in Manali and travel to the Manalsu River. You can also rent a taxi or auto-rickshaw available around the hill station.
Interesting facts about Manalsu River
- Manalsu river has been named after Rishi Manu.
- It is a great place with numerous tourism and adventure activities.
- Old Himachali village culture is prevalent in the region.
- It is an offbeat place popular among hippies.
- Thrill seekers can enjoy trekking, hiking, and fishing near the river.
- You can meet local people and learn more about their culture and language.
- There is a market near the river where you can enjoy live music, visit tattoo parlors, and spend the night dancing at the discos.
Things to keep in mind while visiting Manalsu River
- Avoid wearing a saree, cotton clothes, or any other uncomfortable loose clothes or accessories while performing adventure activities.
- Do not drink alcohol before or during any activity.
- Layer your apparel so that it may be changed to your activity level and the weather.
- Use skin lotion to avoid any complications such as tan or rashes.
- Listen and follow the instructions carefully given by the instructor.
- Consider your health before indulging in dangerous activities.
Manali is a famous hill station in North India and visiting the sightseeing places of Manali are a great way to explore this beautiful hill station. To help you plan your vacation, we at Manali Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA offer Manali Tour packages that are pocket friendly and easily customizable. To know more, please fill the Contact Us form.