Nehru Kund Manali Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Nehru Kund Manali Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 56 reviews
Nehru Kund Manali Address: Bashisht, Himachal Pradesh, 175103, India
The Nehru Kund in Manali is a natural spring located 5 kilometers from Manali center bus stop, on the Manali – Rohtang pass highway which is also a part of Manali – Leh highway. The Nehru Kund is famous among trekkers, photographers, travelers from all parts of the world, nature lovers, adventure seekers and artists.
The spring is believed to have originated from the Bhrigu Lake and is named after the first Prime Minister of independent India, Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru since this place was his favorite among all places in Manali and he made sure to visit and drink the spring’s water every time he was in Manali. The Kund is famous for its serene surroundings and crystal clear water.
The place is surrounded by valleys and mountains all around. If you are looking to spend a part of the day in tranquility, Nehru Kund is the place for you. There are a number of food outlets which are also pocket friendly. So, in case you haven’t carried anything to munch, there are still a lot of options here.
You can also experience the gushing sound of the Beas River.
Things to do at Nehru Kund, Manali
- As scenic as the place is, it becomes a must to engage in photography as the landscape and surroundings make a perfect location with the natural ambience and lights for some of the best postcard photographs.
- The water here is the major attraction and do not miss drinking the water from the spring. It is unadulterated as it originates from natural spring. The unique taste of the water makes it famous among travelers to flock here from various parts of the world.
- Trekking around the nearby hills is also another activity that can be done if you are an adventurous traveler.
- If you are someone obsessed with snow, visit during winter, and indulge in snow activities.
- You may indulge in adventure sports and water sports like white water rafting, kayaking, zip lining, etc.
- There is no dearth of restaurants and cafes nearby Nehru Kund wherein you may enjoy some delicious local as well as continental cuisine.
Timings and Entry fees of Nehru Kund Manali
There is no entry fee to visit Nehru Kund. The place is open between 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM all days of the week.
How to reach Nehru Kund Manali
Since Nehru Kund is located just 5 kilometers from Manali, you can hire a private cab from top car rental companies in Manali, travel by jeep or bus to reach the place. There are private jeeps and cabs parked at a height above the Nehru Kund that carry visitors from Nehru Kund to a destination of your choice.
To reach Manali from Delhi and Chandigarh, you may either hire a private cab from either of these cities or travel by HRTC buses that run frequently from both Delhi ISBT Kashmere Gate and Chandigarh ISBT Sector 43. You may book either the state run bus or private bus depending on your budget. Bookings can be done through the Red Bus or HRTC website.
Best time to visit Nehru Kund, Manali
The best time to visit Nehru Kund is between October and May. It is recommended to avoid visiting Nehru Kund during the monsoon months i.e, between June to September due to the heavy rainfall that the area experiences.
Tips to travel to Nehru Kund, Manali
- Wear comfortable shoes when visiting Nehru Kund and avoid wearing heels as the mountainous landscape would make it uncomfortable to walk long distances in heels.
- Carry wind jackets and warm clothes as weather tends to be quite windy.
- Be careful while navigating near the rocky terrain around the Kund or spring area as the rocks are slippery hence, one might slip and experience a fall and get wounded. It is recommended to watch your steps.
- Avoid making noise as it will disturb the serenity of the place and at the same time would make other tourists feel uncomfortable.
- Avoid visiting during monsoon since the area is prone to landslides and there could be chances of getting stuck.
- Since Nehru Kund is an open area, you do not need to hire any guides to visit the place.
Places to visit near Nehru Kund, Manali
Solang Valley, Jogini Falls, Vashisht Temple and Vashisht hot springs, Bhrigu Lake, Hadimba Temple, Gulaba, Rama Temple, Manu Temple, Mall Road, Jagatsukh, Rahala Waterfalls and Manali Wildlife Sanctuary are few places around Nehru Kund that can be visited.
Manali is one of the most famous hill stations in North India where you will find a lot going on. Whether you are looking for a family vacation or romantic escape, Manali is the perfect place to spend some time with your loved ones. Book your Manali tour package with Manali Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA and explore the famous sightseeing places of Manali like never before. Please fill the Contact Us form to get in touch with us.