Manali Wildlife Sanctuary Entry Fee
- 10 per person
Manali Wildlife Sanctuary Phone
044 6531 5613
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 32 reviews
Manali Wildlife Sanctuary Address: Nasogi, Himachal Pradesh, 175131, India
Manali Tour Packages
Manali Wildlife Sanctuary Timings
|Monday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Sunday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
Your Manali tour won’t be complete if you didn’t take some time out for the Manali Wildlife Sanctuary. Situated within a walking distance of the main town, the Manali Wildlife Sanctuary is the most impressive wildlife sanctuary that not only entices wildlife enthusiasts and nature admirers but also receives a huge crowd of adventure buffs and fun-loving souls every year.
Established in the year 1954, the Manali Wildlife Sanctuary is a hidden gem in this hill station that has been catching the attention of people due to its breathtaking scenic beauty, which is a sight to behold.
The snow-capped mountains with alpine trees allow you to disconnect yourself from the city chaos for some time and the picturesque atmosphere offers a perfect chance for tourists to create some unforgettable memories with their loved ones. It’s a great location for newlyweds and couples to spend some blissful time and can also be visited by families with children.
Flora of Manali Wildlife Sanctuary
The flora of the Manali Wildlife Sanctuary is rich in nature and it has dense forests of oak and conifer trees that are dominant in this region. Other vegetation such as deodar, poplar, fir, willow, walnut, maple, horse chestnut, and Robinia trees can also be found here.
As you go up, you will also come across junipers and rhododendrons trees that are worth watching. In short, it won’t be wrong to say that the sanctuary is home to an array of exotic species of trees that make it an absolute delight of nature.
Fauna of Manali Wildlife Sanctuary
Coming to the faunal species living in the Manali Wildlife Sanctuary, you can easily spot the Kolkass Pheasant due to certain markings and patches it carries on the body. Some of the other notable bird species here are Snow Pigeons, Treecreepers, Green-Backed Tit, Western Tragopan, Kingfisher, Chakor, Himalayan Monal, Rugous-Bellied Niltava, Bar Throated Minla, Himalayan Snowcock, and Snow Partridge.
Talking about animals, this reserve forest provides shelter to a variety of animals that are commonly spotted by tourists. These include Himalayan Palm Civet, Kashmiri Flying Squirrel, Flying Fox, Himalayan Black Bear, Barking Deer, and Himalayan Yellow-throated Marten. There are also many mammals along with reptiles that make this place a complete shed for all kinds of species.
Image Gallery of Manali Wildlife Sanctuary
Things to do at Manali Wildlife Sanctuary
The Manali Wildlife Sanctuary offers a plethora of things to keep you occupied all day long so that you can have the best time of your life. A few of the activities that grab everyone’s interest here are as follows:
1. Nature Trails: Walk hand-in-hand with your loved ones to see what nature has given you in the form of this sanctuary. As a popular sightseeing place in Manali, the Manali Wildlife Sanctuary is blessed with everything one can expect from a delightful weekend retreat.
2. Trekking: Try your hand at trekking to experience an adrenaline rush in your body. There are numerous trekking routes, ranging from simple to challenging, that pass through this sanctuary and are perfect for adventure seekers wanting to experience something out-of-the-box. It’s a tiring yet worth-trying outdoor sport that gives you a chance to have an intimate conversation with nature itself and unfold its charisma in the best possible way.
3. Camping: There is nothing like camping amidst the lush greenery. Staying in a camp, sleeping under the star and moonlit sky while being surrounded by hills and woods, is an otherworldly experience. This is something which you cannot get in city life, no matter how hard you try, making it a must-have experience for all age groups.
4. Photography: Heaven for shutterbugs, the Manali Wildlife Sanctuary presents its tourists with several opportunities to click some amazing pictures of a diverse range of flora and fauna along with nature that has a jaw-dropping background. Photography is indeed a great way to cherish your visit for a lifetime, whether you are on a holiday for just 1 day or a week.
Entry Fee and Timings of Manali Wildlife Sanctuary
The entry fee to visit the Manali Wildlife Sanctuary is INR 10 per person. It welcomes its visitors from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM on all days and the recommended exploration time is 2-3 hours.
Travel Tips for Visiting Manali Wildlife Sanctuary
There are a few things that you should know before planning a getaway to the Manali Wildlife Sanctuary. These are as follows:
- Don’t tease the animals. It is strictly prohibited. So, be careful about that.
- Do not use any kind of plastic within the premises of the sanctuary.
- Refrain from throwing the waste products here and there.
- Carry drinking water along with you to stay hydrated throughout the time.
- Wear shoes rather than any other type of footwear. As there is a lot of walking to do, you need to feel comfortable all day long.
- Do not forget to bring your camera as the sanctuary has a mesmerizing beauty that you wouldn’t want to miss out on capturing.
- Apply sunscreen to protect yourself from getting sunburn. Also, wear clothes according to the weather to enjoy your visit to the fullest.
Best Time to Visit Manali Wildlife Sanctuary
The winter season i.e., from October to February is considered an ideal time to visit the Manali Wildlife Sanctuary. At this time of the year, the overall weather remains pleasant and the mountains are covered in snow, making it a delightful treat for tourists of all ages.
However, if you’re someone who wants to try trekking to add some fun and adventure to their visit to this sanctuary, then the warmer months of May and June are the best. This is the time when you can also enjoy camping for a fun-filled experience.
How to Reach Manali Wildlife Sanctuary?
Since the Manali Wildlife Sanctuary is located at a distance of only 2 km from the center of Manali, it can be easily accessed by locals as well as tourists via local transportation. You can either enjoy an auto-rickshaw ride or choose to travel on a bus to explore the popular sightseeing places. Alternatively, there is also an option of booking a cab from the list of top car rental companies in Manali for experiencing a hassle-free commute within the hill station.
And now, the following are the different ways to go to Manali:
By Air: The nearest domestic airport to Manali is the Bhuntar Airport and it is approximately 50 km away. For foreign travelers, the Indira Gandhi International Airport is the most feasible option for tourists to fly from anywhere in the world to Delhi. Outside the airport, you’ll find numerous options to reach Manali in your comfort.
By Train: Another convenient way is to catch a train to the Joginder Nagar Railway Station in Himachal Pradesh, India. In case you’re coming from a place that doesn’t ply train service to this railway head, you can board a train to Chandigarh Railway Station (310 km) or Ambala Railway Station (300 km).
By Road: There are many public and private buses that operate on a regular basis from various cities of India such as Shimla, Chandigarh, Delhi, Dharamshala, Leh, etc., to Manali at pocket-friendly prices. So, if this option sounds good to you, you can surely go ahead with it. Make sure to get the reservation done in advance in case you’re planning to travel on an AC bus.
Have a gala time on your Manali tour by booking an all-inclusive Manali tour package with us. We at Manali Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, offer a variety of travel packages that cater to everyone’s varied holiday needs and can be customized accordingly. You can also ask our team to help you select the most suitable package for you along with shortlisting the itinerary of your choice. Please fill out the Contact Us form to know more about our services.