Manali Tour Packages
Igloo Stay Sethan Manali Timings
|Monday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Tuesday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Wednesday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Thursday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Friday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Saturday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Sunday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
Wrapped in the snowclad mountains of the Sethan valley, Igloo Stay is a sky-high campsite situated at an altitude of 10,000 feet from sea level. The whole site is surrounded by snow and serene views of mountains all around. Pamper yourself with a wonderful stay experience at an Igloo. You will be treated to delicious hot meals and frosty snow-related activities.
The campsite presents multiple adventurous activities such as skiing, snowman making, tube sliding, and sledding. You can also relish marshmallows in front of a bonfire along with the music. It is a great place to spend time with family and friends.
Architecture of Igloo Stay in Sethan
Constructed entirely of packed snow, the igloo measures 8×9 feet in width and 6.5 feet in height. The temperature inside the igloo is higher than the outside, so the architecture is quite practical. You can have an offbeat experience of living in a real igloo.
History of Igloo Stay Sethan
The Igloos were opened at the end of January 2017. The purpose of these igloos is to provide a unique experience to Indians of what it feels like to live in Igloos.
Things to do at Igloo Stay Sethan
- Enjoy the delights of nature while relaxing in the tranquillity of the icy architecture.
- Seeing the hypnotic sunlight emerge from between the snow-clad mountains from the comfort of your campground is a completely remarkable experience.
- You may participate in thrilling sports such as skiing, tube sliding, and slide riding.
- Spend time relaxing by the campfire with music at night with your family and friends.
Entry Fee and Timings of Igloo Stay Sethan
Charges for one night's stay in the igloo are INR 5500 per person and it is open throughout the day.
How to reach Igloo Stay Sethan
You can reach the Igloo Stay Sethan via roadways, railways, or airways in the following ways:
By Air: The nearest airport is Bhuntar Airport, which is 65 kilometers away from the Igloo Stay Sethan. To get to the Igloo Stay Sethan, hire a cab from top car rental companies in Manali from the airport.
By Road: Manali Bus Stand is the closest bus station to the Igloo Stay Sethan, it is approximately 25 kilometers away. You can book private or state buses from the neighboring cities to Manali. Hire a cab from the bus stop to get to the Igloo Stay Sethan.
By Rail: The nearest railway station is Chandigarh Railway Station, which is 312 kilometers away from the Igloo Stay Sethan. It is well connected with all major cities of the country. To get to the Igloo Stay Sethan, hire a cab from the railway station.
Interesting facts about the Igloo Stay Sethan
- Igloo Stay Sethan is the first of its kind experience in India, where you can stay in houses made of snow.
- All the Igloo houses are owned by Keylinga Himalayan Adventures.
- The stay is eco-friendly as it only uses snow and no non-biodegradable material.
- Igloos stand for 2 months and start to melt with change in season.
Things to keep in mind while visiting Igloo Stay Sethan
- Wear good quality sunglasses as the snow reflects the sunlight, it becomes very bright.
- Always ensure that you wear dry clothes. If you wear wet clothes, there are high chances of pneumonia.
- No ATMs are installed in Sethan as it’s a village so keep some cash with you. Although, most people accept digital payments.
- There is no network coverage in Sethan village but most cafes have WiFi.
Visit offbeat places as well as popular sightseeing places of Manali by booking a Manali tour package with us. Manali Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA caters to different holiday needs and we offer flexibility in our packages to suit your preferences. Book with us to experience Manali in the best possible manner and have a great time with your family and friends. Please fill the Contact Us form to know more.