Solang Valley Manali Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Solang Valley Manali Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 45 reviews
Solang Valley Manali Address: Solang Valley Rd, Burwa, Himachal Pradesh, 175131, India
Just a few kilometers away from Manali lies a place so serene that it will de-stress your mind and soothe your senses completely. This tourist attraction, known as Solang Valley, perched between Solang Village and Beas Kund, is a famous hill spot widely renowned among holidaymakers for its snow-capped mountains and picturesque glaciers that are a sight to behold.
Also referred to as Snow Valley, Solang Valley promises to offer a delightful holidaying experience to all its visitors and has a pristine, snow-white magnificence that catches the attention of people from different corners of the world. The unmissable landscapes are hard to miss here and the unparalleled beauty, when combined with a magnificent charm, makes you fall in love with this place all over again.
Visit it during the winter season to admire its real beauty as it turns into a utopia when it is completely covered by a thick layer of fluffy, milky white snow, encouraging sightseeing lovers and nature admirers to flock to this destination at least once for sure. It is a great place to visit for honeymooners and couples looking to rekindle their romance and can also be enjoyed by families with children.
Things to do in Solang Valley, Manali
Out of a diverse range of leisure and recreational activities that lure wanderers, experience seekers, and daredevils to this place, there are a few things that you must indulge in to enjoy your Manali tour to the fullest. These are as follows:
1. Paragliding: Witness the 360-degree view of the majestic Himalayan peaks as you slide down through the beautiful valleys of the Solang Valley. Perhaps the most liked activity in the region, Paragliding offers a kind of experience you cannot get anywhere else in the world. It’s a perfect outdoor sport for adventure buffs seeking a high adrenaline rush and can also be tried by beginners wanting to do something out-of-the-box on their Manali tour.
In Solang Valley, there are two different jumping stations for paragliders. You can choose to jump from a lower height if you’re not a pro at this or pick the higher one if it seems like your everyday thing. In short, paragliding is an opportunity that you shouldn’t miss at any cost, no matter whether you’re here for a day or a week. And the best part about this is – it can be enjoyed for only INR 600 to INR 800 per person.
2. Skiing: Another activity that is a must-try here is skiing. A great way to admire the undulating beauty of nature, Skiing invites people to enjoy a fun-filled experience by rolling themselves into the thick cover of snow. From the first snowfall of the year to the time it melts, Solang Valleys draws thousands of ski lovers from around the world every year and this is the reason why it is also known as the skiing paradise of North India among thrill-seekers.
Don’t worry if you’re new to it. Here you will find many experts and trained instructors who will explain to you everything about skiing in detail including the basic training course and the right equipment. To make the most out of it, you’ll need to pay only INR 300 per person for all age groups.
3. Camping: The next exciting thing to do here in Solang Valley is camping. You can camp wherever you want to get one step closer to nature and admire its beauty at its best.
While camping, you can light a bonfire, sleep under an open sky filled with countless shimmering stars, prepare food of your choice, or engage in various fun activities. Wake up early in the morning and enjoy the jaw-dropping views of the valley. Nothing like this can be experienced in city life, no matter how hard you try, making it a once-in-a-lifetime experience for everyone.
Note that the valley is home to a number of campgrounds with the majority of them lying right on the river Beas banks. You can select any one based on the provided amenities, activities, and surroundings. Self-camping is also possible if you do not prefer socializing; however, it could be challenging to locate a suitable camping area because the majority of the great locations are already occupied by camping tour groups.
4. Zorbing: There is nothing like tumbling down the valley in a transparent sphere with your loved ones, right? Let the child inside you come out and enjoy a fun-filled zorbing experience in Solang Valley. It is undoubtedly the most exciting as well as thrilling activity that creates unexplainable sensations in your body that you will not be able to forget for the rest of your life. Try it once and we are sure that this will become your favorite among all the outdoor sports. You can enjoy it at a price of only INR 350 per person.
5. Photography: You obviously cannot miss capturing the photos whenever you’re in Solang Valley. The serene setting with a picture-perfect backdrop encourages shutterbugs to take out their cameras and click some awe-inspiring photographs that will help you cherish your visit for a lifetime. In case you’re traveling alone and you wish to get yourself clicked too, you can ask the people there for help.
Other than these adventurous activities, you can also give a shot to horse riding, quad biking, snowmobiling, ropeway, and horse riding to add more fun to your visit to Solang Valley.
Entry Fee and Timings of Solang Valley, Manali
There is no entry fee to visit Solang Valley in Manali except for the cost of the adventurous activities you wish to indulge in. Coming to its timings, it is open for its tourists all day.
Travel Tips for Visiting Solang Valley, Manali
- Make sure to book a hotel in advance if you are planning to visit Manali during the peak season.
- Remember to look up the weather conditions in Solang Valley before making travel plans so that you can make the required itinerary modifications.
- Do not forget to bring your camera and extra batteries along with you. It offers a breathtaking background for shutterbugs to capture some amazing pictures of this picturesque place.
- Pack your clothes based on the time of the year you intend to go. For instance, in the winter season, it is important to carry warm clothes as the climate gets quite chilly in the valley. On the other hand, during summer, you can go ahead with some light cotton clothes as well.
- Obtain a permit in writing in case you wish to extend your Manali tour and enter Rohtang Pass.
Best Time to Visit Solang Valley, Manali
Unlike other sightseeing places in Manali, Solang Valley is an all-season place and hence, can be visited at any time of the year. However, if you’re wanting to treat your eyes with unparalleled vistas and pristine beauty, the ideal time would be from April to December. At this time, the weather remains pleasant with the temperature neither too high nor low, making it favorable for tourists to go on a sightseeing tour and take part in several adventurous activities.
If skiing is on your mind in Solang Valley, then you should visit it between December and January as the region sees tonnes of snowfall during this period. For paragliding, it’s best to visit it in June.
As an avid traveler, we recommend you not to make any plans to Solang Valley during the monsoon season. This is because you will not be able to go anywhere or do anything due to heavy showers of rain.
How to Reach Solang Valley, Manali?
Getting to Solang Valley in Manali is quite easy. Depending on your budget, you can either hire a private taxi from the center of the town or simply opt to catch a government bus from Manali Bus Stand to reach your destination in a hassle-free manner. Alternatively, there is also an option of booking a cab from the list of top car rental companies in Manali to commute to the hill station leisurely. The choice is yours!
And now, the following are the different ways to go to Manali:
By Air: Kullu-Manali Airport in Bhuntar is the closest domestic airport to Manali and it is approximately 63 km away. Another feasible option is the Chandigarh Airport which receives regular flights from the metro cities of India. For international travelers, the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi is there for your convenience.
By Road: As a popular hill station in North India, Manali maintains great connectivity to the rest of the country via road. In fact, there are several buses that are operated by the HRTC department to and from Manali on an everyday basis at pocket-friendly prices. You can also catch a private bus if you’re looking for a comfortable journey or prefer to drive in your own car if you don’t mind driving all the way to Manali.
By Train: Last but not the least, catch a train to Joginder Nagar Railway Station for a memorable railway journey to Manali. Many tourists also prefer traveling to Chandigarh and Ambala Cantt Railway Station by train. Both the stations are known as the busiest railway stations in India and hence, draw a huge influx of travelers.
Explore the best of Manali with our all-inclusive Manali tour packages. We at Manali Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, design a diverse range of packages to cater to your varied holiday needs, budgets, and preferences. You can also take the help of our team to get a travel package customized as per your likes. We also assist you in shortlisting the popular sightseeing places in Manali you can cover on your Manali tour. To know more about our services, please fill out the Contact Us form.