Shiv Temple Manali Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Shiv Temple Manali Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 36 reviews
Shiv Temple Manali Address: Siyali Mahadev Temple Rd, Siyal, Manali, Himachal Pradesh, 175131, India
Shiv Temple in Manali is located in Siyal and is renowned as the oldest temple in the hill station. The temple is situated on the Hadimba Temple road and lures travelers with its incredible architecture. The region is famous for its beautiful natural landscape blanketed with natural vegetation embellished with glittering streams.
Satiate your spiritual yearning by visiting the Shiv Temple in Manali also known as the Siyali Mahadev temple. It is located in the ‘Valley of Gods’ amidst verdant meadows and pine forests. The ancient structure has stood in the lap of nature since times immemorial. It paints a picture of awe and true beauty with its renowned intricate wooden architecture and serene ambiance.
Shiv Temple is perfect for anyone looking to connect with their true selves. The temple blends in with its surroundings of tall coniferous trees and snow-capped mountain summits seamlessly. The soft, gurgling of streams from afar is no less than music to the ears.
Architecture of Shiv Temple
Fabricated firmly on a foundation of stone and concrete, the rich brown architecture of the temple comprises chalets and four pagodas. Two smaller ones are on the side situated on the other pagodas, leaving the center space. The wooden pillars prop up the ceiling surrounding the main shrine. Pieces of wood are ingeniously aligned to provide a distinction between the ivory walls and rich sepia.
The shiva linga is of immense religious importance to pious Hindu devotees who visit the shrine from far-flung places to have their prayers answered. Although the Shiva temple is primarily a Hindu attraction, people from any religious background are welcome to witness its splendor.
History of Shiv Temple
The history of the Siyali Mahadev temple is unknown. It is commonly believed that the temple has been in existence since eras long gone. Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati supposedly tore out the bark of a tree. There are several smaller temples around the shrine. Lord Shiva in the form of a Swayambhu Linga presides in the shrine.
Things to do at Shiv Temple
Shiv temple in Manali is a must-visit place for devotees of Lord Shiva. Even history enthusiasts and nature lovers can enjoy an entertaining trip to the temple. You can
- Offer prayers to the presiding deity and seek his blessings
- Enjoy the astounding views of the region
- Explore the woods around
- Appreciate the woodwork of skilled architects and craftsmen of those times
- Visit the locals and learn about the region
- Experience the local culture and gorge on traditional cuisines
- Meditate in the lap of nature
- Capture stunning views of the natural abundance of Manali
Entry Fee and Timings of Shiv Temple
There is no entry fee to visit Shiv Temple. It is open from 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM on all days of the week.
How to reach Shiv Temple
The shrine is well connected to Manali via road. You can travel by auto-rickshaw or on foot as larger vehicles cannot pass through the narrow road. It is 15 minutes from Manali Bus Depot.
By Air: Bhuntar is the nearest airport to Manali. It is located 60 kilometers from the hill station. You can book a taxi or cab from top car rental companies in Manali. It takes around one and a half hours to reach the Shiv temple from the airport.
By Rail: Jogindernagar railway station is around 145 kilometers from Manali. You can hire a taxi from the railway station and reach the Shiv temple in around four and a half hours.
By Road: Bus services are available for Manali from all major cities in the region, including private and state-run buses. Upon reaching the Manali Bus Depot you can hire local transport to head to the Shiv temple.
Local Transport: The Shiva Temple is connected to Manali via road. Traveling by auto-rickshaws or on foot are the most ideal ways as larger vehicles cannot pass through the narrow road.
Interesting Facts about Shiv Temple
- The establishment date of the temple is not known
- It is believed to be built at a spot where Lord Shiva appeared from a tree trunk with his consort Goddess Parvati
- Intricate woodwork of the temple lures visitors
- The temple is decorated with antlers and horns of animals
- Important rituals are performed at this temple
Things to keep in mind while visiting Shiv Temple
- Maintain a respectable demeanour towards priests and the shrine
- Adhere to the temple rules like removing shoes before entering
- You can visit any time during the day
- Photography may be prohibited within the premises so seek permission before taking pictures
- If you wish to perform some pooja rituals it is important to check with the priest and wear traditional attire during the ceremony
We at Manali Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, present our clients with plenty of all-inclusive Manali tour packages catering to their budget and other requirements. In addition, we also offer various discount coupons for our regular travellers. Choose the best deal that suits you the most and explore the tourist places of Manali leisurely! Our travel team will help you plan your tour at pocket-friendly prices. To know more about our packages, reach us out by filling the Contact Us form.