The Igloo Dugout is created every winter in Manali. The impressive snow vaults against the majestic backdrop of snow-covered hills offer mesmerizing scenery. These pretty ice sculptures are beautiful apartments allowing you to spend time in the lap of nature.
Allow yourself to be enchanted by the splendor of the frosty architecture of Igloo Dugout on an offbeat trip to Manali. Treat yourself to a memorable winter experience. The Igloo Dugout awaits you for an exquisite stay and an unmatched igloo experience. You can complement your stay with the wonders of mother nature at Village Sethan.
Architecture of Igloo Dugout
The igloos are completely made of snow and cover an area of 100 square feet. Each igloo is fitted with modern amenities to offer convenience to visitors. For the travelers' comfort, the igloo is furnished with double mattresses, warm comforters, and hot water bags.
Things to do at Igloo Dugout
Staying at Igloo Dugout is an enthralling experience, here are a few things to do at Igloo Dugout on your Manali trip:
- Marvel at the view of the mountains
- Build a snowman to have fun with the snow
- Sing, dance, and eat around a bonfire
- Enjoy sledding down the snowy slopes
- Tube siding and DJ night are additional enjoyable activities on the trip
- Witness the sunrise above the snow-capped mountains
Entry Fee and Timings of Igloo Dugout
Charges for one night's stay in the Igloo Dugout are INR 5000 per person and it is open throughout the day.
How to reach Igloo Dugout
Igloo Dugout is located in Sethan Village in Manali. Manali can be visited via roadways, railways, or airways from all major cities of the country.
By Air: The nearest airport is Bhuntar Airport in Kullu, which is only 65 kilometers away from Manali. You can book a cab from top car rental companies in Manali to reach the Igloo Dugout.
By Road: Manali Bus Stand is well connected by private and state-run buses from all major cities of the region. Igloo Dugout is located 13 kilometers away from the Manali Bus Stand. You can hire a cab or auto-rickshaw from the bus stop to get to the Igloo Dugout as no buses run on the route.
By Rail: The nearest railway station is Chandigarh Railway Station, which is 312 kilometers away from Manali. You can hire a cab from the railway station to reach Igloo Dugout comfortably.
Interesting facts about the Igloo Dugout
- Igloo Dugout is an adventurous accommodation in Manali.
- It is completely eco-friendly and care has been taken to avoid any harm to the environment.
- Despite being made of snow, the igloos are cozy from the inside.
- The igloos are provided with all basic facilities like regular houses.
Things to keep in mind while visiting Igloo Dugout
- Carry warm clothes, daily essentials, and medicines when visiting the Igloo Dugout.
- Do not light a fire inside the igloo as it may be dangerous for you.
- Follow the guidelines and stay in constant touch with the site supervisor to ensure a safe stay.
- Keep some cash handy with you as there are no ATMs nearby.
Book an all-inclusive Manali tour package with us to make the most of your holiday. We at Manali Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, present our customers with plenty of customized holiday packages. Our team of experts offer competitive travel deals at pocket-friendly prices. In addition, we also guide people about the top tourist places to visit in Manali. What else do you need? Reach us out by filling the Contact Us form. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly.