The Mall Road Market Manali Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
The Mall Road Market Manali Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 44 reviews
The Mall Road Market Manali Address: The Mall, Siyal, Manali, Himachal Pradesh, 175131, India
Manali Tour Packages
The Mall Road Market Manali Timings
|Monday||9:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Sunday||9:00 am – 9:00 pm|
No trip is complete without shopping and your holiday to Manali is no different. Heaven for shopaholics, Manali boasts several shopping places where you can find outstanding stuff to bring back home and cherish your visit forever.
Out of all the shopping streets in the town, The Mall Road is a popular shopping destination that attracts thousands of people everyday interested in street shopping adventures. It’s the most loved and busiest market that is dotted with heaps of activities and offers plenty of shopping opportunities for all who have got good bargaining skills.
Also referred to as the heart of Manali, The Mall Road has everything right from the Tibetan and Himalayan handicrafts to Kullu and Kinnauri Shawls, Tibetan jewelry, and Woollen Clothing such as cardigans, sweaters, mufflers, and wool caps to delight people of all ages. Some of the other souvenirs that are worth purchasing here are Tibetan-style prayer wheels, Buddhist paintings, silver jewelry, Dorjes, nameplates, keychains, and much more.
One can also choose to stay at The Mall Road as it bestows several budget-friendly hotels that make you feel at home away from home. What else? There are many hotels and restaurants to satisfy your cravings while you enjoy strolling around the market.
Things to do in Mall Road, Manali
Wondering what to do at Mall Road other than shopping? Well, there are several things to do in and around this market that keep people occupied all day long. A few of the activities to start with are as follows:
1. Eat your Heart Out at your favorite Eatery: Indulge your senses in a wide range of lip-smacking cuisines at the well-renowned restaurants and cafes the Mall Road shelters. From fancy eateries to local dhabas and roadside stalls, this market provides a home to all types of food joints that serve something for all taste buds. Do not miss Maggie and hot momos here as both the dishes are a hit among the people there.
2. Go for a Night Stroll: Unlike other sightseeing places in Manali, Mall Road is equally famous for its night outing as well. So, if you don’t get enough time to take a tour of this market during the day, you may head to it in the evening for a fun-filled and memorable evening with your loved ones. Just make sure to double-check all the items you purchase from here in the dim lights to avoid any confusion later.
3. Surrender yourself to divinity at Himalayan Nyingmapa Buddhist Temple: Do not forget to pay a visit to this monastery wherever you are at Mall Road in Manali. Counted amongst the famous monasteries in North India, the Himalayan Nyingmapa Buddhist Temple is a great place for all those who wish to calm their mind amidst the chaotic crowd. You can also click as many pictures as you want from outside as it features Pagoda-style architecture that is a sight to behold.
Entry Fee and Timings of Mall Road, Manali
There is no entry fee to visit Mall Road in Manali and it can be explored by locals and tourists at any time of the day from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM as the market remains filled with a huge crowd during the day as well as in the night.
Travel Tips for Visiting Mall Road, Manali
- Try to bargain as much as you can. This will help you save your hard earned money and get the required product at a pocket-friendly price.
- Avoid carrying paper money in your wallet. As it’s an era of digitization, almost all the shop vendors offer digital payment services for your ease.
- Do not bring expensive stuff with you as there have been many cases of robbery and pickpocketing in the past.
Best Time to Visit Mall Road, Manali
For shopping, we don’t have a habit of waiting for a specific time or season as we are ready for it every time. Similar is the scene with Mall Road in Manali.
Yes, you can plan a getaway to this market whenever you want, but if you’re looking to adore the natural beauty and charm of this hill station at its best, you should pay heed to it during the winter season that starts in October and continues until February. The chilling weather and fresh snow at this time create a kind of atmosphere that makes people go gaga on their trip. Hence, everyone prefers visiting it only in winter.
How to Reach Mall Road, Manali?
The Mall Road in Manali is located at a distance of just 200 meters away from the center of the town and hence, can be easily accessed by people on foot. If you’re too lazy to walk, you can simply hire an auto-rickshaw or rent a cab from the list of top car rental companies in Manali to commute to Mall Road within 5 to 10 minutes.
And now, the following are the different ways to reach Manali:
By Airways: Take a flight to Kullu-Manali Airport in Bhuntar to get to Manali in the least possible time. The other two nearest airports which receive Manali tourists in large numbers are Chandigarh Airport and Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi. Outside both these airports, you’ll find several options that will help you enjoy hassle-free traveling to Manali.
By Railways: Another convenient way is to catch a train to Joginder Nagar Railway Station for experiencing a smooth and comfortable railway journey to Manali. In case your city doesn’t offer direct trains to Joginder Nagar Railway Station, you can choose to travel to Ambala Cantt. Railway Station (200 km away) or Chandigarh Railway Station (250 km away) as both the stations have frequent train services from the metro cities of India.
By Roadways: Lastly, the HRTC department operates various buses with luxury coaches from New Delhi, Chandigarh, Dharamshala, Shimla, Leh, etc., to Manali at affordable prices. So, if you’re someone who enjoys road traveling, you can surely go ahead with it. Alternatively, you can self-drive your vehicle all the way to the hill station for a memorable road trip with your family/friends. The choice is yours!
Manali is one of the few hill stations in India that boasts a rich history and a diverse cultural heritage and, to explore it there is nothing better than availing of our all-inclusive Manali tour packages. We at Manali Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, strive to offer the best of our services so that you can have the best time of your life on your trip. Depending on your 1-day, 2-days, and a 3-day visit to Manali, our Manali tour packages can also be altered to suit your varied holiday requirements. To get a package specially designed for you, we request you to fill out the Contact Us form and one of our team members will reach you soon.