Pandu Ropa Manali Entry Fee
- 899 per person
Pandu Ropa Manali Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 34 reviews
Pandu Ropa Manali Address: Bashisht, Himachal Pradesh, 175103, India
Manali Tour Packages
Pandu Ropa Manali Timings
|Monday||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Sunday||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
Pandu Ropa is one of the best and most popular hiking destinations in Manali. It is an exciting and thrilling 8-hour hike. You can begin it in the morning or trek overnight. It is an historical landmark in Vashisht in Himachal Pradesh. You can be mesmerized by stunning peak vistas, spring blooms, nearby lakes, and splendid views of the Kullu valley. The wonderful charm offered by Pandu Ropa is a nature retreat absolutely worth your time.
Located at a height of 3500 meters above sea level, Pandu Ropa provides you with a spectacular view of the Himalayan Mountain ranges. You can come across herds of sheep on this route during the summers. In June and July, you will be amazed by the vibrant blanket of Himalayan flowers.
It will be a challenging climb but you will admire the scenic beauty on the way, and thoroughly enjoy the adventure. You will walk through a dense and fragrant forest of pine trees and a village, and then leave the trail behind for hiking up the alpine meadow. As you walk past the green apple orchards, you will be mesmerized by the abundance of nature in Manali.
Pandu Ropa interests tourists from all over the world. It is a hill station and a perfect weekend getaway to beat the sweltering heat and stress of city life. You can also make this one-day excursion during your Manali tour. It can be best discovered by friends, couples, and even solo. You may also appreciate the outdoor adventure to pump up your adrenaline levels. The extreme trails attract many trekking enthusiasts throughout the year.
History of Pandu Ropa
According to the local legends, Pandu Ropa is the abode of the mountain gods. Another story associates the name of Pandu Ropa with the king of the Kuru kingdom, and the foster-father of the five Pandava brothers, Pandu. It also holds religious and cultural significance among the local and traditional mountain folks.
Things to do at Pandu Ropa
On this 6.4 km out and back trail in Manali, you can enjoy a thrilling trek. You will be accompanied by a highly-trained and friendly storytelling guide in Vashisht. Under constant guidance, you will trek to the hilltop as per your guide’s instructions. Once you cross the tree line you will hike up the alpine meadow of Bhrigu Lake.
You can also delight in enjoying various exciting activities at Pandu Ropa such as
- Birdwatching at Bhrigu Lake
- Camping in the serene landscape
- Enjoy solitude in the lap of nature as you indulge in hiking
- Indulge in spotting wildlife in their natural habitat
- Witness colorful flowers of the region
- Panoramic views of the Kullu and Manali valleys from the ridge
- Gorge on vegetarian lunch provided during your trek
- For a more personalized experience you can hire a private guide
- Treat your senses to the beauty of snow-capped mountain peaks of Hanuman Tibba, Indrasan Peak, Friendship Peak, and Patalsu Peak
- Unwind at the hot sulphur spring in the Vashisht village
Entry Fee and Timings of Pandu Ropa
The entry fee starts at INR 899 per person. It is open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on all days of the week.
How to reach Pandu Ropa
Before you reach Pandu Ropa you have to arrive at the beautiful hilly destination of Manali. You can go by air, rail or by bus. Upon reaching the hill station you can take a prepaid cab, taxi, or auto to reach your accommodation. Hiring a private rental cab from top car rental companies in Manali is the most preferred and feasible option.
By Air: The nearest airport to Manali is Bhuntar. It is located 60 kilometers away from Manali.
By Rail: The closest railway station to Manali is the Jogindernagar railway station which is around 145 kilometers from the hill station. Other railway stations near Manali are Chandigarh around 315 kilometers from the hill station and Pathankot which is 215 kilometers from Manali.
By Road: You can avail bus services, including private and state-run buses from Delhi, Ambala, Shimla, Dehradun, Chandigarh, and other nearby cities.
Local Transport: From your accommodation in Manali you can take an autorickshaw, a bus, or a cab from the Mall Road to reach Vashisht. Local transport like taxis, private cars, and autos are readily available around the hill station.
Interesting Facts about Pandu Ropa
- Pandu Ropa derives its name from Pandu, the foster father of the Pandava brothers, and a king of the Kuru kingdom.
- November to March is considered to be the best time to trek in Pandu Ropa.
- The trek is highly challenging and is recommended for people above 18 years.
- A minimum level of fitness is required for this demanding day hike.
Things to keep in mind while visiting Pandu Ropa
- You should carry a waterproof jacket, sunscreen, lip balm, face moisturizer, sunglasses, basic medicines, and water bottles in your backpack.
- Hotel pick and drop-off facilities are generally excluded from the trek, please check with your tour provider.
- It is recommended to carry glucose powder to keep energy levels high.
- You can also bring ample amounts of nuts and chocolates for instant energy.
- Keep your backpack light so that you can carry it while hiking.
- Wear quick-drying T-shirts or comfortable clothing.
- It is better to wear skid-free, high-ankle, and good-grip trekking shoes. They should not give you any blisters.
- Carry extra batteries for your head torch or light.
- It is unsuitable for pregnant women, and people with back or heart complaints.
If you’re looking to enjoy your vacation at pocket-friendly prices, you can choose our all-inclusive Manali tour packages. We at Manali Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, carefully design our travel packages keeping your budget requirements in mind. Our team of experts are here to make your trip an unforgettable experience. Avail the best deal at the discounted prices and get ready to explore the popular tourist attractions of Manali. Please fill the Contact Us form to know more about our offerings!