Apple Orchard Siyal Manali Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Apple Orchard Siyal Manali Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 24 reviews
Apple Orchard Siyal Manali Address: Hadimba Temple Path, Siyal, Manali, Himachal Pradesh, 175131, India
Manali Tour Packages
Apple Orchard Siyal Manali Timings
|Monday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Tuesday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Wednesday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Thursday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Friday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Saturday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Sunday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
Apart from the kaleidoscopic views of the mountains, streams, and serene environment, Siyal in Manali is also noted for its spectacular and fragrant apple orchards. They are a great tourist attraction and form a flourishing industry offering livelihood to the locals. You get to know about the cultivation process besides purchasing delicious apples from these vibrant gardens.
In Siyal, different varieties of apples are bred for their taste and utilitarian use, including cooking and cider production. They are generally produced by grafting so that they bear fruit much more quickly than those grown from seeds. They are grown on well-drained soils, rolling hilltops, and sloping sides of the hills. This facilitates air drainage so that young fruits do not get destroyed by the cold air of the hill station.
Tourists visit Shimla, Kullu, and Manali to beat the sultry summer heat. You must definitely visit the alluring apple orchards of Siyal when in Manali. Nature lovers can cherish a walk through the lush meadows and quiet woods. You can enjoy fruit picking and farming activities in this scenic place.
Tasting the fresh juicy and crispy red, green, and golden apples from the gardens in the beautiful mountains is an exhilarating experience. Besides the natural beauty, you will fall in love with the quaint towns and villages. Apple Orchard in Siyal allows you to enjoy a peaceful vacation in the ravishing hill station of Manali. The soothing ambiance of Siyal also relaxes the mind.
History of Apple Orchard
Himachal Pradesh is renowned as the apple state of India. It was Samuel Evans Stokes, Jr (or, Satyananda Stokes, a rich American) who planted the first-ever apple tree in the state in 1915. He had brought one of the ‘delicious’ varieties of apple and planted them along the hilltops of Kotgarh. He had adopted some land in India and began planting the saplings on his 200 acres of land.
In about 5 years, the apple trees bloomed and were an instant hit with the people of the place. Instead of their usual crops of potatoes and plums, the people began to plant apples and reap great revenues. This had a positive impact on the socio-economic state of the region. People, therefore, began to enjoy relaxed community life with little worries.
Things to do at Apple Orchard
Manali offers a wide variety of activities to enjoy on your holiday. Besides visiting the popular tourist attractions of Manali you should also visit the apple orchards in Siyal. Spread over large areas of land, these orchards look spectacular in the harvest season. Going to an apple orchard to pluck apples directly from the trees is a wonderful experience for kids and families. You can do the following amazing things to see and do at an apple orchard:
- Have fun plucking apples from the high branches.
- Collect and store your apples in a reusable tote or a wooden basket and care for them.
- Watch the process of apples being washed, sorted, and stored in bags for sale.
- Taste the fresh apple cider donuts.
- Indulge in making an apple hedgehog from a real apple.
- Try oak apple nature craft.
- Sit in the orchard and enjoy biting through juicy apples in the lap of nature.
- Enjoy other activities like a hay ride, cider pressing, and a visit to the small petting zoo.
- Buy souvenirs at the gift shop.
Places to Visit near Apple Orchard, Siyal
Moreover, you can also tour other places near the apple orchard in Siyal. You can plan to drop by the following famous tourist attractions of Manali:
1. Hadimba Temple Path: You can trek to the popular shrine of Hadimba Temple in Manali. This trail allows you to enjoy the scenic beauty of the hill station. Take a look at the grandeur of Manali from the hills. The wooden doorways, walls, and cone-shaped roof of the temple are a delight to onlookers. The presiding deity of the shrine is Devi Hidimba, the wife of Bhima and mother of Ghatothkach. It is surrounded by remarkable cedar forests and is built on a hanging rock, which is believed to be the image of the goddess herself.
2. Siyal: Siyal is a populated place located near Nowshera, Kharian, Chhame Reserved Forest, Rialkar, and Barota. It is also close to the places, Ghalchara, Pawa, Dhar, Seri Khad, and Bhalana offering you to explore the local culture of the hill station. You can visit the Great Himalayan National Park Conservation Area, a UNESCO heritage site in India nearby. You can relax in the hot springs and spa offered by many well-known hotels and resorts in the place.
3. Museum of Himachal Culture and Folk Art: The Museum of Himachal Culture and Folk Art is a great place to learn about the state’s rich heritage and tradition. You can find traditional textiles, jewelry, and furniture along with wood carvings that date back hundreds of years ago in this unique exhibition hall. The museum was set up in 1998 and has become an important tourist attraction in Manali over the years. All the exhibits and local items on display were handpicked to showcase the ancient local culture and tribal heritage.
Interesting Facts About Apple Orchard
Here are some amazing fun facts about apple orchards:
- Apple blossoms are pink and gradually turn white, allowing you to marvel at the beauty of nature.
- Apples are mostly still plucked by hand at the orchards in Siyal.
- You can also witness a 100-year-old apple tree in the Siyal orchard.
- Modern commercial apple orchards have more than 150 trees in an acre.
- Historical orchards mostly have large and mature trees.
- You can adopt apple trees and enjoy their produce.
Things to Keep in Mind While Visiting Apple Orchards
You should visit and act responsibly in an apple orchard. Here are some pointers to keep in mind:
- Park your cars in the specifically defined parking spots for vehicles to avoid harming the natural vegetation of the place.
- You should adhere to the pet policies of the apple farm, and be respectful.
- Not every area in the orchard is open to the public. Hence, you should seek permission before entering specified areas.
- Avoid climbing the trees.
- Be careful and supervise your children on a family trip.
- Do not shake or pull the branches to minimize food wastage and unnecessary bruising of the fruits.
- Pick fruits from the outer branches as they mature first.
How to reach Apple Orchard
You have to first reach Manali before you explore the apple orchard of Siyal. You can avail various modes of transportation. You can reach the splendid hill station of Manali by air, rail, or road.
By Air: The nearest airport to Manali is Bhuntar. It is located in Kullu and is around 50 kilometers away from Manali. You can then take a pre-paid taxi to Manali from the airport.
By Road: Manali is well-connected by frequent interstate and privately owned bus services. It is easily accessible from Kullu, Shimla, Delhi, and Chandigarh. You can also travel by private or rental car from Delhi (540 km), Ambala (370 km), Dehradun (227 km), or Chandigarh (305 km).
By Rail: Jogindernagar Railway Station is the nearest one. It is connected to major cities of the country. From the railway station, you can avail pre-paid taxi services to reach Manali.
Local Transport: For sightseeing in Manali it is advisable to take auto or cab services. There are plenty of local cabs and auto rickshaws available in Manali which will take you to Siyal. You can also book one from top car rental companies in Manali for your entire trip duration. You can also rent a two-wheeler if you know the route.
Looking for the perfect Manali tour package? Book it here at Manali Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA. Manali is one of the most beautiful tourist destinations in India and we are proud to be associated with this paradise. We design customized tour packages based on your budget and holiday style. If you want to book with us, please fill the Contact Us form now!