Palchan Bridge Manali Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Palchan Bridge Manali Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 38 reviews
Palchan Bridge Manali Address: Solang Valley, Burwa, Himachal Pradesh, 175131, India
Manali Tour Packages
Palchan Bridge Manali Timings
|Monday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Tuesday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Wednesday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Thursday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Friday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Saturday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Sunday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
The 110 meters long Palchan bridge stands across the Beas River on the Manali - Solang - Leh route and is a popular tourist destination. It is located 13 kilometers from Manali. It is an exciting spot for folks who enjoy riding motorcycles or driving vehicles amidst nature.
The experience of seeing this bridge is heavenly as it is built over a sparkling river and surrounded by snow-capped mountains. Palchan bridge is a prominent tourist hotspot owing to its surreal views and serenity.
Architecture of Palchan Bridge
Situated on the Manali-Solang-Leh route, the Palchan bridge is built across the Beas River. A total of INR 12.83 crores was spent on constructing the sturdy 110-meter-long bridge.
Things to do at Palchan Bridge
Built to provide connectivity between Manali and Rohtang, the Palchan Bridge is a picturesque destination in itself. Thronged by tourists, there are several things to do at Palchan Bridge and the surrounding areas:
- Enjoy the calm scenery of Palchan Bridge.
- Walking on the bridge or driving across it is a pleasant experience.
- Click some beautiful photographs on the bridge as a memento of your journey to Palchan Bridge.
- Solang ropeway and Ski center are located near the Palchan bridge, enjoy the exhilarating ropeway and skiing experiences.
Entry Fee and Timings of Palchan Bridge
Entry to Palchan Bridge is free and it is open throughout the day on all days of the week.
How to Reach Palchan Bridge
Palchan Bridge is located just 10 kilometers from Manali, so you must reach Manali to visit this popular sightseeing spot.
By Air: You can travel to Manali by any of the connecting flights via New Delhi. The nearest airport to Manali is situated at Bhuntar. It is approximately 50 kilometers away from the hill town of Manali. Pre-paid taxi services and private cabs are available at the airport. You can book one from top car rental companies in Manali to directly reach Palchan bridge.
By Rail: There are no direct trains available for Manali. You have to reach Joginder Nagar Railway Station. Otherwise, you can also opt for Chandigarh railway station or Kalka railway station from Delhi. Book a cab or enjoy a bus ride to reach the Palchan bridge via Manali.
By Road: You can travel by car or bus to Manali as it is well connected via road too. Palchan bridge is 10 kilometers away from Manali. If you are traveling by car, you can directly drive to the Palchan bridge. But, if you travel to Manali by bus, then you have to hire an auto or taxi to reach the Palchan bridge.
Local Transport: Local transport is easily available in Manali. You can hire an auto-rickshaw from your accommodation in Manali to reach Palchan Bridge. For a more convenient experience, you can hire a private cab or use the taxi services of your hotel in Manali.
Interesting Facts about the Palchan Bridge
- Palchan Bridge was constructed by the 70 Road Construction Company of the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
- Its construction was completed in record time.
- The length of the Palchan bridge is 110 meters.
- A total of Rs. 12.83 crores was spent on constructing this bridge.
- Union Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the Palchan Bridge.
- The three most interesting natural features i.e. snow, mountains, and rivers are all present at this tourist destination.
Things to Keep in Mind while visiting Palchan Bridge
- Wear woolen clothing to keep yourself warm as the weather is usually chilly.
- Wear shoes with good grip when going to Palchan bridge, to avoid the risk of accidentally slipping on ice.
- Take care of small children, as it is dangerous for them to roam near bridge railings.
Have the best time of your life while exploring the popular tourist places of Manali with us. We at Manali Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, carefully design the Manali tour packages keeping everyone’s budget, holiday duration and other needs in mind. Please fill the Contact Us form to know more!