Manali is an excellent destination for a relaxing holiday in the hills. It offers fantastic views of the mountains and a stunning ambiance for a vacation away from the chaotic city life. The snow capped hills of Manali nestle several sightseeing options. If you are looking for a break with your loved ones you can book a Manali Local Sightseeing Tour Package.
Located near Kullu, Manali offers fantastic adventure and sightseeing spots to entertain tourists with varying interests. From rafting opportunities on the River Beas to interacting with the local communities, there is much to explore in Manali.
Nestled in the picturesque Beas River valley, Manali is a Himachali hill town. Being situated at high altitudes, it enjoys a sub-tropical highland climate. Owing to its natural bounties and pleasant climate, it is an immensely popular destination for indigenous and foreign tourists. Its rich heritage and ancient traditions also appeal to its visitors. The serenity of the hill station and abundant activities to enjoy make it the ideal stop for a trip with family, friends, loved ones, or colleagues. Offering something to suit the needs of all types of travellers, Manali Local Sightseeing Tour Packages by Holidays DNA is suitable for everyone.
Manali provides relief from the scorching heat of the plains. It is, hence, a much-loved summer destination but it is equally beautiful to explore during winters. Moreover, it is an excellent choice befitting your budget. Adventure sports enthusiasts, vacationing families, backpackers, and honeymoon couples flock to this charming hill station for its extensive recreational activities like sightseeing, camping, trekking, and paragliding.
We offer a curated list of Manali Local Sightseeing Tour Packages designed to meet the needs of different types of travelers. It includes the best cab vendors from Manali to add to your convenience. You can explore the town peacefully as the entire planning and arrangement of the tour is done by our team. There are several tour packages that are suitable for backpackers and solo travelers. Our aim is to ensure that you have a memorable time by choosing your preferred sightseeing places in Manali.
The customized Manali Local Sightseeing Tour Packages can also be personalized to meet your needs. You can even explore the preferred tourist attractions in and around the town and stay at the hill station for leisure with our Manali tour packages with stay and hotel.
Apart from the wide variety of sightseeing places, our customized Manali tour packages include details of listed cab service providers. To ensure you have a comfortable trip they take additional steps and strive to make your tour enjoyable. Trusted drivers from local cab service providers are allocated to take you to various sightseeing places in Manali.
Top Places to Visit in Manali Local Sightseeing Tour Packages
The best places in Manali included in a local sightseeing tour package are:
1. Hadimba Temple: Locally known as Dhungari Temple, Hadimba Temple was constructed in 1553 by Maharaja Bahadur Singh. It is an ancient cave temple dedicated to Hidimba, wife of Bheema. It is believed that Hidimba performed meditation in the cave.
The wood and stone structure has a four-tiered pagoda-shaped roof and a carved doorway decorated with figures of Hindu Gods and symbols. The rock on which the temple is built is assumed to be Devi herself. The son of Hidimba and Bheema, Ghatotkach, is also worshipped as a sacred tree. During the Navratri and Dussehra festivals, thousands of devotees come to seek her blessings.
2. Jogini Waterfalls: Located 2 km from the Vashisht Temple, Jogini Waterfalls is a popular attraction. It is formed by a running stream that joins the Beas River in the Kullu Valley. Dedicated to the village goddess Jogini, it is regarded as Shakti Peeth.
You can trek the 3-hour climb through the pine trees and the orchards to reach the falls. During the trek, you can enjoy enchanting views of the shimmering Beas River and Rohtang peaks. An energizing dip in the waterfall as you adore the surrounding snow-capped peaks is a surreal experience.
3. Solang Valley: One of the most vibrant and enjoyable places in Manali, Solang Valley is a major attraction. It is situated between pristine Solang Village and magnificent Beas Kund. Standing at a height of 8500 feet, it is covered with thick green woods. Tourists flock to this place for panoramic views and adventure sports.
The snow-covered valley provides you with opportunities for skiing, paragliding, mountain biking, zorbing, parachuting, driving mini-open jeeps, and horse riding. January and February are the best months to participate in the most exciting snow sports. May to November is ideal for trekking and zorbing. You can paraglide anytime except the monsoons.
4. Bhrigu Lake: Perched at an altitude of 14,100 feet, Bhrigu Lake is a glacier lake. The lake is located to the east of Rohtang Pass and is only 6 km from the picturesque Gulaba village. Surrounded by green meadows, it is the perfect spot to escape the city life, traffic, and pollution.
It is believed that since Maharishi Bhrigu meditated near the lake, it never completely freezes, even in the winters. Bhrigu Lake Trek is the best way to explore the serene charm of the pristine lake. You can start trekking from the Vashisht Temple and feast upon the enchanting vistas of the Seven Sister Peaks and lush grasslands.
5. Himalayan Nyingmapa Buddhist Temple: Himalayan Nyingmapa Buddhist Temple is a beautiful Buddhist monastery. Besides its religious prominence, tourists also come for its Tibetan-styled architecture and serenity. Located close to the busy Mall Road, it is a spiritual retreat in the heart of the city.
The monastery’s chief highlight is the colossal 4.5 feet statue of Sakyamuni in a pensive posture. The pagoda-style yellow-colored roof and attractive wall paintings also catch your attention. You must walk around the Chortens anti-clockwise and offer your prayers.
6. Manali Gompa: Manali Gompa is also called the Gadhan Thekchhokling Gompa. It was built by the Tibetan refugees in the 1960s. Even people from Tibet, Spiti, Kinnaur, and Nepal flock to this place to seek blessings. It is a significant religious center for Buddhist devotees. Although it is a small monastery, it exudes high spiritual vibes. You will marvel at the decorative murals in bright colors and tranquility.
The gompa’s traditional Tibetan architectural design includes a spacious and extended walkway lined with verdant shrubs. Both the sidewalks have well-maintained lawns, leading to the porch and the main entrance. You can spend some quality time here.
7. Rahala Falls: On your way to the Rohtang Pass, you can spot the astounding Rahala Falls at a height of 8,500 feet. It is one of the best waterfalls in the state of Himachal Pradesh formed by melting glaciers and its water is extremely cold.
Surrounded by dense deodar forests and silver birch trees, it offers exquisite views of the entire region. Filled with fresh and aromatic air, it enjoys pleasant weather all year round. Visit it from March to October when maximum water gorges down the rocks.
8. Naggar Castle: Constructed in 1460, Naggar Castle is a medieval mansion of wood and stone, overlooking the gorgeous Kullu valley. Originally the property of Raja Sidh Singh, it was later converted into a heritage hotel in 1978 by Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Centre.
Raja Sidh Singh used a blend of European and Himalayan architectural styles and rocks from abandoned places to make the castle. From the castle, you can view the snow-clad mountain Himalayan peaks, the spectacular Beas River valley below, and green hills studded with apple orchards. For a nominal entry fee, you can delightfully spend 2-3 hours inside the castle premises.
These are just a few tourist attractions of Manali, if interested you can also plan a visit to other places in Manali such as Manu Temple, Rohtang Pass, Sethan Valley, Jagatsukh Temple, Gulaba, and Siyali Mahadev Temple.
To add a dash of adventure to your travel, you can try river rafting at the Beas River. Hampta Pass is another sightseeing place that offers majestic views of the surroundings and must not be missed by any nature lover.
In addition to our list of top cab vendors offering Manali Local Sightseeing Tour Packages, we have also created the list of best Delhi local sightseeing tour packages, Chennai local sightseeing tour packages, Kolkata local sightseeing tour packages, Hyderabad local sightseeing tour packages, and Mumbai local sightseeing tour packages.
If you have an extra day or two and wish to explore more areas near Manali on your Manali local sightseeing tour packages, then you can choose an exclusive tour to places such as Jana Waterfalls (11 km), Manikaran (28 km), Sissu (27 km), Atal Tunnel (17 km), and Kullu (32 km).
Interested in visiting Manali? Hurry request a call back now from our team for the most enriching experience of local sightseeing in Manali!