Beas River Manali Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Beas River Manali Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 38 reviews
Beas River Manali Address: Manali, Himachal Pradesh, 175131, India
River Beas adorns Manali like a silver necklace, adding beauty to its picturesque landscape. It originates in the Himalayas, passes through the lush hills, and embraces River Satluj before entering Pakistan.
Running parallel along the road, the river calls for many adventure activities. It’s an important tourist destination for the number of water activities it offers. Rafting is the most popular activity here. Many tourists also prefer camping on its banks.
Nature lovers sit on the banks for hours, while adventurers traverse the forests and valleys surrounding it. And photographers simply roam around, capturing this clearwater rapid, with the hills in the backdrop.
Where is Beas River in Manali?
Beas flows through the entire terrain of Kullu and Manali. It flows alongside you while you’re on your way to Kullu. You’ll find multiple viewpoints and adventure spots as you move away from the town and enter the tranquil environment with only the sound of the flowing Beas.
History of Beas River Manali
Beas is considered a misnomer for Vyas. It’s said to be named after Veda Vyasa, the sage who created it from its source lake, the Beas (or Vyas) Kund. It was known as Arjikuja in the Vedas, Bipasha in Sanskrit and the Hyphasis in Ancient Greek.
It’s a legendary river that marks the easternmost border of Alexander’s legacy. It’s this river that stopped his expansion further east. His troops mutinied here, refusing to go any further.
Things to do at Beas River in Manali
1. Camping: Beas River is the most sought-after tourist destination in Manali. You can enjoy a comfortable stay in many luxury camps along the bank. Beas River camping allows you full access to the majestic views of the Himalayas and the fun-filled and thrilling activities at the river.
2. River rafting: River rafting is the most popular activity in Beas River valley. Making your way down its clear blue waters while staying away from the large and small boulders can be full of fun. It’s safe to enter the river and cut your way through the waves while enjoying the wild turns.
3. Trekking: Trekking is another of the Beas River activities you can indulge in. It includes a trek to Beas Kund, the source of the river. It’s a moderate-level trek in which you can learn about the local culture and daily life in the mountains. You can spend some time in solitude as you reach Beas Kund.
4. Photography: People love to take photographs of the panoramic beauty surrounding the river. You’ll find cascading waterfalls, gushing rivers and views of snow-capped mountains from the Beas River viewpoint.
5. Shopping: The road by Beas River Manali has many small shops along the stretch where you can shop for souvenirs. You’ll find local handloom pieces, warm clothes, wooden art items and many other things in these stores.
Beas River Manali Timings and Entry Fees
You can visit the river anytime during the day. The preferred time of visit is between 9 AM and 4 PM. The entry is free for everyone. Activities are charged separately.
Best time to visit Beas River
The best time to visit the river is during the monsoon months: August and September. It can be risky to visit during monsoon, as sudden landslides often occur, thus closing most tourist activities. But it’s also the best season to have an unforgettable river rafting experience. The other preferable months are between October and April.
Time to explore Beas River in Manali
It usually takes an hour to explore the Beas riverside. You can stay longer to enjoy the different activities available at the riverfront. And if you’re interested in the trek to River Beas origin, you’ll need an extra 3-4 days reserved.
Things to keep in mind when visiting Beas River Manali
- Avoid the trek if you have health problems.
- Senior citizens and pregnant women should avoid water activities.
- Watch out for sharp and slippery rocks.
- Avoid trekking on a muddy trail.
- Wear comfortable shoes for trekking.
- Have your camera handy.
- Be with your group always.
- Take a guide for the best experience.
How to reach Beas River from Manali?
You’ll find different viewpoints and adventure spots near Beas River Manali, about 5 km from the town. The nearest bus station is in Manali, and the nearest railway station is in Kalka, 275 km away. Bhuntar Airport in Kullu (46 km away) is the closest airport. The nearest international airport for Beas River, though, is in Chandigarh (313 km away).
And following are the ways to visit the Beas River in Manali:
By motorbikes: Rental motorbikes are an easy medium to visit the Beas riverside. You can hire them and reach the spot in less than 30 minutes from Manali.
By auto-rickshaws: Auto-rickshaws are another common way to visit tourist places in Manali. These can be hired from Mall Road easily.
By taxis/cabs: Private cabs and taxis are also available for hire in Manali. They’re the best way to visit the River Beas and other places around Manali. You can book them for the entire day from top car rental companies in Manali and enjoy the trip.
FAQs about Beas River
For your convenience, we at Manali Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA offer Manali Tour packages that can help you have a perfect time of your life while exploring the tourist places in Manali. Our packages are designed keeping your budget in mind. Fill out the Contact Us form to know more about us!