Takshak Naag Temple Manali Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Takshak Naag Temple Manali Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 32 reviews
Takshak Naag Temple Manali Address: Kullu, Himachal Pradesh, 175136, India
Takshak Naag Temple is situated in the sanctuary of the Cedar forest. The ancient temple is surrounded by the mesmerizing scenery of Manali. The temple is dedicated to Naag or Cobra as the powerful reptile is considered to be a form of god. Takshak Naag Temple has a Shivling and Yagya place to offer prayers.
After the Docha Mocha fair in Beas valley in May, a village carnival is held at this temple. The temple is draped in a magnificent view with mountains as background, alluring nature lovers. Worshipping Lord Shiva in the form of Shivling, the village carnival, and impressive scenery spark tourists' interest in Takshak Naag Temple.
Architecture of Takshak Naag Temple Chhika Jagatsukh
Takshak Naag Temple is constructed on a rectangular platform of stones. Wood carvings enhance the aesthetics of the temple premises. This temple is built with wood and rectangular stones.
Things to do at Takshak Naag Temple Chhika Jagatsukh
On your visit to Takshak Naag Temple you can:
- Offer prayers to Lord Shiva.
- Marvel at the astounding scenery and undulating view of the mountains.
- Attend the village carnival held in the temple.
- Buy yourself some souvenirs and gifts for your loved ones.
- Visit the Takshak Naag Temple Bhandar situated one km away from Takshak Naag Temple. It is a 2-story building constructed with stone and wood. It houses the belongings of Takshak Naag.
Entry Fee and Timings of Takshak Naag Temple Chhika Jagatsukh
Entry to Takshak Naag Temple Chhika Jagatsukh is free and it is open from 10 am to 5 pm on all days of the week.
How to reach Takshak Naag Temple Chhika Jagatsukh
Takshak Naag Temple Chhika Jagatsukh can be visited by reaching Manali. Manali has proper connectivity via roadways, railways, and airways from all major cities of the country.
By Air: Bhuntar Airport in Kullu is the nearest airport to Manali as it is only 65 kilometres away. You can hire a cab from the airport to the Takshak Naag Temple Chhika Jagatsukh.
By Road: Manali is well connected with nearby cities via road. You can book a bus or drive a car to Manali. Both private and state buses are available from all major cities in the region. Takshak Naag Temple Chhika Jagatsukh is located 11 kilometres away from the Manali Bus Stand. To reach the Takshak Naag Temple Chhika Jagatsukh you can book a cab or hire an auto-rickshaw from the bus stop.
By Rail: Joginder Nagar railway station is the nearest railway station from Manali. It is 147 kilometres away from Manali. You can hire a cab from top car rental companies in Manali to reach Takshak Naag Temple Chhika Jagatsukh.
Interesting facts about the Takshak Naag Temple Chhika Jagatsukh
- Takshak Naag Temple Chhika Jagatsukh is an ancient Hindu shrine built with wood and stones.
- Locals say snakes emerge from hibernation around Shivratri (March) and gain venom by Nag Panchami (August) when they are most revered.
- In the surrounding area, there are several temples dedicated to the Naag god or Cobra or serpent.
Things to keep in mind while visiting Takshak Naag Temple Chhika Jagatsukh
- Be alert for snakes when visiting the temple.
- Don’t harm snakes, else they may attack you.
- Keep special attention to children with you.
We at Manali Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, present our tourists with a wide variety of customized and all-inclusive Manali tour packages. You can opt for the best package according to your preferences at budget-friendly prices. Our team of experts also assist people with the places to visit in Manali. Please fill out the Contact Us form to know more about our services.